Alberta FLood Aid Concert Broadcast and Webcast Details Announced
The Alberta Flood Aid organization is pleased to announce that the Alberta Flood Aid benefit concert taking place at McMahon Stadium in Calgary on Thursday, August 15th will be broadcast and webcast live, commercial-free starting at 6pm MT (8pm ET) across Canada and around the world.
The star-studded 4 hour program, hosted by Brent Butt, can be seen live on the following outlets:
- Omni Alberta Shaw Channels 4 (SD) and 214 (HD) (Calgary)
- Omni Alberta Shaw Channels 11 (SD) and 214 (HD) (Edmonton)
- Omni Alberta Telus Optik Channel 5 (SD) (Calgary and Edmonton)
- TELUS Optik TV channels 675 (HD) and 135 (SD)
- TELUS Satellite TV channels 832 (HD) and 399 (SD)
- TELUS Optik TV channels 997 (HD) and 9997 (SD) (Red Deer, Medicine Hat and Lethbridge)
- Bell Satellite channels 832 (HD) and 399 (SD) (National)
- Bell Fibe channels 993 (HD) and 994 (SD)
- SaskTel maxTV channels 605 (HD) and 602 (SD)
- MTS TV channels 801 (SD) and 1801 (HD)
- Access Communications (Regina and area)
- Rogers Digital Cable channel 1 (Rogers Digital TV customers in ON, NB and NL)
- Rogers TV channels 369 (HD) and 368 (SD) (Ontario only)
TELUS will present the live webcast exclusively on the TELUS YouTube channel at youtube.com/TELUS.
“This benefit transcends traditional distribution – if you are unable to attend the live concert, this is the next best thing. You can watch it from anywhere in the world from any web enabled device” says Peter Jurisic, Chair of Alberta Flood Aid. “It adds to the overwhelming support we have received, significantly magnifying the awareness of the concert and will ultimately raise additional funds for the victims of June’s devastating floods.”
“Canada’s best television crews and broadcasters have volunteered their time, talents and airwaves to bring this concert to viewers across the country” says David Kines, Executive Producer of the broadcast. “We’re looking forward to capturing the resilient spirit of this event and bringing it to Canadians across the country and around the world.”
Shelagh O’Brien will direct the broadcast. Producers are Jean Merriman and Paula Davies.
The line-up of artists performing include: Jann Arden, Randy Bachman, emcee Brent Butt, Tom Cochrane, Matthew Good, Colin James, Loverboy, Corb Lund, Johnny Reid, The Sadies, The Sheepdogs, and Ian Tyson. Nickelback’s performance will be a special treat for those in attendance. All have generously donated their time and talents to the concert, broadcast and webcast.
Concert goers and viewers will be able to donate $10 by texting ABFLOOD to 20222 or visiting www.abfloodaid.ca to donate on-line.
The concert will take place at McMahon Stadium in Calgary starting at 6PM MT on August 15th. A very limited number of tickets are still available. For more details please visit abfloodaid.